Keningau: The contractor tasked with the earlier relocation of the Batu Sumpah (Oath Stone) in the mid-1980s to allow for a road expansion said his six workers had nightmares and refused to carry it out.
"But as an employer, I took over the job as I received work orders amounting RM7,000 issued by the Public Works Department for the relocation," said Philip Lee, now a businessman.
THE Batu Sumpah at the compound of the Keningau Secretariat Building compound was relocated to a new site at the Keningau Heritage Museum compound on Sunday morning. But the process faced unexplained "obstructions" the day earlier that resulted in an eight-hour delay and necessitated the intervention of Bobolian (shaman) Muri Gulim on Saturday afternoon. The initial schedule for extracting the Batu Sumpah was at 9am on Saturday but the binding cable failed three times. Only at 3pm was it successfully removed and raised onto the lorry.
Keningau: District Chief, OKK Mohd Amir Datuk Arif suggests the State Museum attach a strip with the crucial missing words "Kerajaan Malaysia Jamin/Malaysian Government Guarantees" temporarily on the Batu Sumpah (Oath Stone) that was relocated for the second time to a permanent site on Sunday.
He said this had to be done while waiting for a replacement plaque in order to preserve the good image of the Federal Government in granting the assurance to those in Sabah who never favoured the formation of Malaysia unless three conditions were set in stone with these accompanying words in 1964.
Setiausaha Agung Parti Warisan Sabah (WARISAN) Loretto Sipin Padua menyoal kenapa para pemimpin utama masyarakat Kadazan Dusun Murut (KDM) tidak hadir peristiwa pemindahan Batu Sumpah Peringatan Keningau semalam.
Oath Stone transfer nothing to do with state govt – Warisan
KOTA KINABALU: The recent Keningau Oath Stone transfer ceremony has nothing to do with the current Sabah government and was approved and funded by the previous federal government, clarified Parti Warisan Sabah (Warisan) secretary general Loretto Sipin Padua.
Padua denied the opposition claims linking the government with the process of transfer and said the allegations stating that the Warisan-led government had politicized Batu Sumpah was not true at all.
Sabah moves historic Oath Stone into Keningau museum
The relocation ceremony of the Keningau Oath Stone or Batu Sumpah, lead by bobolian (shaman) Muri Gulim (3rd right) at Keningau September 9, 2018. — Bernama pic
KENINGAU, Sept 9 — The relocation ceremony of the Keningau Oath Stone or Batu Sumpah, steeped in the Kadazandusun and Murut customs, was carried out smoothly today.
Keningau district officer Yusop Osman said the Oath Stone was lifted and transported to its new home using a truck and it was followed closely by bobolian (shaman) Muri Gulim and his 1,000-member group who marched closely for one kilometre.
Yusop said the relocation of the Oath Stone from the Keningau district secretariat office to the Keningau Warisan Museum costing about RM1.025 million.
Four heritage sites in Unesco's tentative list
Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Muhammad Bakhtiar Wan Chik.
Empat tapak warisan diangkat untuk diiktiraf tapak warisan dunia
Royal Belum merupakan antara Taman Negara yang akan diangkat sebagai Tapak Warisan Dunia Unesco.